20th Annual Perinatal Partnership Conference
Celebrating Birth in The Carolinas
2013 Conference Save The Date
2013 Conference Call for Abstracts
2012 Annual Conference Handouts and Presentations
Sunday, September 30 - Pre-Conference Session
Learning From Our Mistakes: How We Can Improve Perinatal and Neonatal Care
Monday, October 1, 2012 - Plenary Sessions
1. Transforming Perinatal Healthcare Via State Quality Collaboratives
2. Maternal Morbidity and Mortality
3. Breastfeeding 24 Hours at a Time
Monday, October 1, 2012- Concurrent Sessions
2. What Happens When An Infant Is Too Sweet
3. Current Contraception: An Update
4. & 8. Collaborative Maximization of Mother's Milk Availability in the NICU
5. Regional Perinatal Research and Model Programs: Application to Current Practice
6. Returning Value and Sustaining Quality Improvement Gains
7. Postpartum Assessment: A Comprehensive Approach
Tuesday, October 2, 2012- Plenary Sessions
1. "She Said WHAT!?!? Opportunities to Improve Teamwork"
2. Communicating Effective Health Messages To Teens and Young Adults
3. "Finding the Hero Within"
Dr. Ann Wolfe Memorial Conference Scholarship
Each year, the NCPA offers two conference scholarships in memory of former board member, Dr. Ann Wolfe. The scholarships are offered as reward and recognition for staff employed at a NC local health department in Maternal Child Health programs. The scholarships are awarded to two recipients to cover registration and basic travel expenses to the annual conference.
Nomination criteria include:
- Nominee must be employed by a NC Local Health Department with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Women’s and/or Children’s Health.
- Nomination form must be signed by the Health Director
Congratulations to the 2012 Conference Scholarship Recipients!
Janet Houser- Cleveland County Department of Public Health
Susan Shelton- Pitt County Health Department
North Carolina Perinatal Association
2011 “Baby Bootie” Awards
At each annual conference, the Association presents “Baby Bootie” awards to individuals and teams who have provided services to our citizens that further the mission of the Association of improving perinatal health for childbearing families throughout the state.
Ann Wolfe Award
Ann Bess Brown, MPH
Director, Healthy Babies are Worth the Wait
March of Dimes
Special Recognition Awards
Margie Cole Adams
Mildred E. Carraway, RN, BSN
Martha Schaub-Bordeaux, RNC, MSN, PNP-BC, NNP/PNP
Business & Industry Award
Duke University Health System - Everything Baby
If you have individuals or teams you would like to nominate for the 2012 awards, contact the Association president, Mona Brown Ketner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.