24th Annual Perinatal Partnership Conference
Celebrating Birth in The Carolinas
September 17 - 19, 2017
Embassy Suites and Conference Center
September 18, 2017 Handouts
1. The Perinatal Microbiome
2. Protect our Children Now - Importance of Vit D in Pregnancy
3. Cultural Sensitivity
1. NAS_Booklet_2017_Concurrent Session
2. Preeclampsia - What's old is new again
3. Updates to Periviable Data
4. Labor Support Handout
5. Postpartum LARC
6. The Best Offense is a Good Documentation Defense Breastfeeding the Tongue-tied Baby
7. Unsafe Sleep - Case Studies from the Field
8. 2017 SBU Presentation
September 18, 2017 Handouts
Plenary Session Handouts
1. The Best Offense is a Good Documentation Defense
2. Evidence-based Programs that Work
3. Stephanie Larson Dancing Your Stress Away Handout
Dr. Ann Wolfe Memorial Conference Scholarship
Each year, the NCPA offers two conference scholarships in memory of former board member, Dr. Ann Wolfe. The scholarships are offered as reward and recognition for staff employed at a NC local health department in Maternal Child Health programs. The scholarships are awarded to two recipients to cover registration and basic travel expenses to the annual conference.
Nomination criteria include:
- Nominee must be employed by a NC Local Health Department with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Women's and/or Children's Health.
- Nomination form must be signed by the Health Director
Congratulations to the 2015 Conference Scholarship Recipients!
Audrey Coleman, Macon County Health Department
Landra Roope, Wilkes County Health Department
North Carolina Perinatal Association
Business & Industry Award
This award is presented in recognition of the important role that business and industry provides in efforts to improve the health status of NC Mothers and babies.
NC Nurse Family Partnership
Chris Bishop & Marie James
These awards are presented in recognition of a regional or local team for their outstanding achievements in work to improve the health status of mothers and babies.
Baby Bundles, Charlotte, NC
Special Recognition Awards
This award is not recognized every year. It is typically awarded to an individual, program or group that does not fit in any one of the other award categories, but who is worthy of special recognition by NCPA for service to North Carolina mothers and babies.
SAFEchild, Welcome Baby Program
Division of Public Health, Women's Health Branch
Perinatal Strategic Health Workgroup
Ann Wolfe Award
The Ann F. Wolfe Award was created and first awarded in 2001 in recognition of Dr. Wolfe's guiding force in the health of mothers and children throughout her career. She gave many years of service to North Carolina women, children and their families. She was a member of the NC Perinatal Association Board at the time of her death in February 2002. In giving this award we look for those who have given likewise over many years of service.
Belinda Pettiford, MPH
DHHS, Division of Public Health, Women's Health Branch